Friday, September 7, 2012

Telephone Numbers Maze

   What is it about the telephone numbers here?
I mean how come I sign a contract with a mobile connection provider, buy a new number and very soon it turns out that my new number used to belong to someone else before me?!
   Why do I think it had belonged to someone else, you may ask? Well, because I keep receiving phone calls from various and numerous persons and entities at least once a day, asking for that other person. The worst thing is that all the callers require explanation, keep asking "Why?" and "How come?" and invariably require a new number to reach that other person. How should I know?! Don't get me wrong - I don't mind communication or helping people out when I get the chance. But 3 times a day? When I am at work? Having to repeat the same message word-by-word over and over? No, thank you.  
   So, what is this? Does it work the same way Fashion does? Is there a barrel at the end of the World where all the abandoned phone numbers pile up? And when the barrel is full, it is turned upside down, cracked open again and the old numbers are distributed among the craving ones? 
   For the suspicious ones, trust me - I am not the only victim of this system. My friends, members of my family - we all suffered from the same inconvenience... Very inconvenient :) 
   Back in Ukraine, the worst that could happen to your phone number was that someone dialed a wrong one and got through to you instead. Which is OK, right? We have all been there - no big deal.     
     Meanwhile, feels like I am being taught another lesson of patience :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment